[postgis-users] Fwd: Location of nadgrid file

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 06:11:03 PST 2013

On 17/01/13 14:52, Jan Hartmann wrote:

> That's it. I exported PROJ_DEBUG=5, and restarted the server. In the log
> I see a proj error message: "pj_open_lib <path>/test.ntv2 failed",
> followed by the PostGIS error message. The location for ntv2-files seems
> to be:
>
> <postgresql install dir>/share/contrib/postgis-2.1/proj
>
> So I copied the ntv2 file there, restarted the server again, and the
> whole thing works.
>
> Is this a bug? Even when I give an absolute path for the ntv2-file, it
> gets appended to the above location. And I would prefer the ntv2 files
> to be read from the standard proj installation directory. It's given
> with configure, so that shouldn't be a problem. Or should the postgresql
> server only have access to its own install dir? In that case, this
> should be documented.
>
> Anyway, thanks Howard, for the fast reply.

Hi Jan,

The reason that the share/contrib path exists was for the Windows
Installer - this allows it to bundle a local copy of the grid files
rather than using a system libproj.dll which may or may not have the
grid files installed.

In general, the in-built libproj.dll search path should work as normal
and use the PostGIS path as a fallback, so it suggests something else is
amiss.

HTH,

Mark.