[postgis-users] F18: Postgresql 9.2.x/PostGIS 1.5.x issues

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sat Jan 26 08:28:50 PST 2013

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013, Jeff Lake wrote:

> They probably have been packaged as RPM's yet
> if that is the case, You will need to compile from source

Sorry, but that isn't what the message says. They have been packaged into
RPMs and placed into a testing repository. The question is which testing
repository, since a standard yum command can't retrieve these RPMs.

This is particularly frustrating, since F18 was released with Postgresql
9.2.x, and PostGIS 1.5.x, the latter not being able to function with the
former.

If you had data and projects running on F17 on Postgresql 9.1.x and
PostGIS 1.5.x, and accepted a default upgrade from F17 to F18, you would
be seriously stuck.

As it is, I have three machines, only one of which that I've migrated to
F18 from F17.

So, I'm not that stuck.

But I would like to know where the testing RPMs are so that my data and
projects are current across the three machines.

> Jeff Lake
> MichiganWxSystem
> AllisonHouse
> GRLevelXStuff