[postgis-users] Update data in PostGIS database

thomas lechauve thomas.lechauve at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 04:00:41 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to synchronize two PostGIS databases.

I have a reference server which is filled and updated every day with OSM
data. For this purpose I recreate the whole database. But now i want to
update another database which is not on the same server based on the first
database without recreate it.

pg_dump/pg_restore tools are probably what i am looking for, but i cannot
find a way to achieve my purposes.

Do i have to keep trying with those tools or is there another way ?

Perhaps a SQL script could do it but i want to avoid it because i am no
expert in PostGIS and databases in general.

Any recommendations ?

Cheers

--
Thomas LECHAUVE