[postgis-users] point_ops with GiST PostGIS Spatial Index

Tambade, Kedar ktambade at cghtech.com
Wed Jun 5 11:50:57 PDT 2013

Create the gist index on table containing points using the following syntax:

After the index is created use the criteria st_contains(polygon,point)  in the where clause of select statement:

Select * from <tablename> where st_contains(polygon, point) ;

Regards,

Kedar Tambade

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is propriety, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original message without making any copies.