[postgis-users] Need a method for "noding" a street network

Nicolas Ribot nicolas.ribot at gmail.com
Wed May 8 12:32:40 PDT 2013

Hi,

Glad it helps.

CTE are supported since 8.4 according to the doc:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/queries-with.html
Otherwise, the CTE's can be replaced by subqueries.
The stored procedure may also help by creating temp tables instead of
chaining subqueries, though I don't know if it will run faster.

Using topology should be pretty simple in your case: build a new topology
based on the lines table, then query the topology.edge table, keeping
initial line gid. It may be worth trying it.

Nicolas