[postgis-users] Qgis/Postgis : impossible to open a project

laurent lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Fri Nov 22 02:50:48 PST 2013

Hello,

So. In the folder C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.1\share, i have a file
called "pg_hba.conf.sample".

Please find below the raw sentences :
------------------
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            @authmethod@
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 @authmethod@
------------------

-> I tried to change these sentences to:
------------------
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            @authmethod@
host    all             all             192.167.40.92           trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 @authmethod@
host    all             all             192.167.40.92           trust
192.167.40.92 is the station 's ip hosting the postgresql server.

1/But the allow connection does not work. I can't open pg data from another
station.
2/Why my file called  "pg_hba.conf.sample". Why there is the extension
.sample? The file extension should be .sample, .txt, .conf?

Could you throw light for me?

In advance, thank you.Regards.