[postgis-users] operator && return errors where st_overlaps or st_intersects does not

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Nov 22 03:09:00 PST 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:28:45AM +0100, Huub Fleuren wrote:
> Ha Sandro
>
>> Yes, you have to run make install, and run it _before_
>
> oke well, please update the manual to discribe upgrade (SOFT and
> HARD)  a little more in the PostGIS manual.

Could you please file a ticket on http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ ?
Even better if you could attach a patch to the ticket, the source
is in doc/installation.xml.

> surprized me that after
> make clean
> make
>
> there were no upgrade sql-upgrade scripts at all.

The upgrade scripts are created under different
subdirectories in the build tree. Of course you
won't see them in the system directories until
you "make install". This is standard semantic of
"make" commands when building from source.

> nothing said i was up to date to anything.

Because you indeed wasn't :)

> I tried everything on a second installation that has the same
> configuration. In the correct order this time, allthough also here
> the postgis_upgrade_15_minor.sql script was not there.

"there" where ?
The location in which the script is installed should be printed
during "make install". Try to redirect the output to a file
and consult the file, searching for "upgrade" substring:

 $ make install > install.log && grep upgrade install.log
 $

> The error still is there.

You haven't completed the upgrade process

> I wait for 1.5.9 release. And try again.
> Maybe upgrade alltogether to PostGIS2?  Is that memory leak you
> mentioned closed in PostGIS2?

Yes, but going from 1.5 to 2.0 will take a dump/restore
("Hard Upgrade" procedure in the manual).

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign        - against html e-mail
 /\  http://www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments