[postgis-users] [Raster] MNT 250 IGNF data import problem

Tumasgiu Rossini rossini.t at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 13:19:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

Some tiles generated from the MNT file might be filled with nodata value
(-9999) so I guess that explains some "anormal" statistics values...
You should execute the statistics statement against all tile to check if
all statistics are the same...
I suggest you to test some commands from your home-compiled GDAL (gdalinfo
-hist for example) too.

Also, data from MNT files seems to be integer values, I don't think that
the correct pixel depth is 32BF.

For the QGIS issue, I think that mnt data is improper for display and
should be processed into "displayable" raster data, such as GrayScale or
TrueColors Bitmap. To do so, you might consider use st_colormap().