[postgis-users] Accessing lots of missing outdb/offline rasters appear to cause PostgreSQL to crash

Robert Nix robert at urban4m.com
Tue Apr 1 08:42:50 PDT 2014

Thanks for the help, Bborie,

Based on your comment about nulls, I dove into the queries and discovered
that, in fact, it was due to an unexpected null shape in a call to st_clip.
Thanks for that. It really helped me to narrow down the issue.

It still feels like there's a but in postgresql server since that assertion
shouldn't cause the perma-recovery mode that ends up happening when lots of
those assertions occur every second. It's almost like a race condition in
the recovery process.

Anyway, if i can get the time, i'll post that question to the pgsql group.

Thanks again