[postgis-users] looking for a public well known maven repository for postgis-jdbc 2.1 and later on versions

Baris Ergun barisergun75 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:43:18 PDT 2014

Basically let me summarize you the mechanism. By putting postgis jdbc
driver on ur classpath and using  postgis objects provided by it "postgis
datatypes" are registered to be written and parsed with the BinaryWriter
and BinaryParser in Postgis jdbc driver. Both 'jdbc:postgresql_postGIS' and
 'jdbc:postgresql'  are valid usages. What happens is when you specify
jdbc:postgresql_postGIS
postgis jdbc jar DriverWrapper translates your jdbc url to  'jdbc:postgresql'
and provides the connection to db. And when you specify 'jdbc:postgresql'
postgresql jdbc driver is used for establishing connection.

Returning to ur problem I need more detailed description, but I suspect
that you are using an older version of Java which is not compatible with
your jdbc drivers. Without giving me more detailed information of ur
problem; you have pressed "Im feeling Lucky" button to get that answer ;)

--
Barış