[postgis-users] ArcGIS issue - specified coordinate exceeds the valid coordinate range

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 08:11:16 PDT 2014

Mark,

You'll need to provide a lot more information about your layer. Saying that
the layer works in one application but not another does not help much.

You should inspect the geometries of your layer to see if one of them has a
coordinate exceeding the valid range. For example, if your geometries were
in WGS84, we would expect all coordinates to be between -180 - 180 and -90
- 90. If a coordinate was -181, 54, that would throw the range error.

-bborie