[postgis-users] ST_Within equivalent for TIN 3D

Tsolmongerel Orkhonselenge otsolmon at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 02:43:17 PDT 2014

Dear PostGIS users,

I would like to query if a point is located in the TIN
object. My TIN object is closed (convex hull) object (i.e. surface of a
round object). I tried to use ST_Within, but the error message returns
as:
ERROR: Unknown geometry type: 15 - Tin
My query is as follows:

SELECT ST_Within(mypoint,mytinobject) As mypointinmytinobject
FROM
(SELECT ST_GeomFromText('POINT(x,y,z)', SRID) As mypoint,

(SELECT geom FROM mytintable WHERE gid=1) As mytinobject
) As myobjects;

What are the equivalent 3D query functions like ST_Within for 3D TIN object in PostGIS?

Thanks in advance.
Tsolmon