[postgis-users] ST_Within equivalent for TIN 3D

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Tue Aug 19 12:38:49 PDT 2014

Hi Tsolmon,

If memory serves, there's no support for TINs with ST_Within yet. I suspect
(without testing the suspicion) that you can cast or convert to 3D polygons
and do the test, but you'd need to use a 3D equivalent, probably
ST_3DDFullyWithin, but the Oslandia folks might be able to answer more
intelligently.

Best,
Steve

ST_3DClosestPoint
<http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_3DClosestPoint.html> — Returns the
3-dimensional point on g1 that is closest to g2. This is the first point of
the 3D shortest line. ST_3DDistance
<http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_3DDistance.html> — For geometry type
Returns the 3-dimensional cartesian minimum distance (based on spatial ref)
between two geometries in projected units. ST_3DDWithin
<http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_3DDWithin.html> — For 3d (z)
geometry type Returns true if two geometries 3d distance is within number
of units. ST_3DDFullyWithin
<http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_3DDFullyWithin.html> — Returns true
if all of the 3D geometries are within the specified distance of one
another. ST_3DIntersects
<http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_3DIntersects.html> — Returns TRUE if
the Geometries "spatially intersect" in 3d - only for points and
linestrings ST_3DLongestLine
<http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_3DLongestLine.html> — Returns the
3-dimensional longest line between two geometriesST_3DMaxDistance
<http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_3DMaxDistance.html> — For geometry
type Returns the 3-dimensional cartesian maximum distance (based on spatial
ref) between two geometries in projected units. ST_3DShortestLine
<http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/ST_3DShortestLine.html> — Returns the
3-dimensional shortest line between two geometries