[postgis-users] Export from postGIS to ESRI Personal GeoDatabase

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 11:23:25 PST 2014

Hello Robert,

If your slave copy is read-only, you can setup a export job using ogr2ogr
to generate the File Geodatabase daily.

Personal Geodatabase are not supported, but File Geodatabase are. You'll
need to compile GDAL with FGDB support, that must be installed separately.

Some Geodatabase features are not supported via export directly, such as
the creation of Feature Datasets.

Check this gist:

https://gist.github.com/george-silva/787861408555572ad100

The main export.sh script takes up a few parameters, so you can pass them
along. This uses a table inside postgresql to know in advance about the
layers I have and those that need to be exported.

This is bit more sophisticated, but you can hardcode your script and it
will work the same.

Let me know how that works out for you.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Robert Burgholzer <rburghol at vt.edu> wrote:

> Wondering if anyone has any experience running from PG to ESRI mdb.
> Basically, we want to use PostGIS as our master, and then replicate in
> GeoDB format for field personel to reference when they are unable to
> connect to the Web due to remote location (which happens very frequently in
> our line of work).
>
> Any thoughts, experiences would be welcome.
>
> --
> --
> Robert W. Burgholzer
>  'Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated
> simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.'  - Charles Mingus
> Athletics: http://athleticalgorithm.wordpress.com/
> Science: http://robertwb.wordpress.com/
> Wine: http://reesvineyard.wordpress.com/

George R. C. Silva