[postgis-users] PostGIS supported by which ArcGIS

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:17:42 PST 2015

Adrian,

I think that Regina is correct and that the layer that you loaded is using
the ESRI st_geometry.  I am using PostGIS with ESRI products (10.2) and I
am able to create a feature class in the 'esrified' postgres table with
ESRI tools and then manipulate it using PostGIS and QGIS (2.4, I don't have
2.6 on this machine.)

To load data, I generally use the ESRI Tool Conversion>To
Geodatabase>Feature Class to Feature Class, setting PG_Geometry in the
Geodatabase settings control.

So far, this setup is working quite well and giving us pretty much 'the
best of both worlds'.  The geometry column does get named 'shape' by ESRI,
but that isn't an issue on the PostGIS side.

David.