[postgis-users] ST_SummaryStats(ST_Clip(rast, geom)) with tiles

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 06:07:08 PDT 2015

Hi Juli,

I think you were close but made a mistake in the aggregates.
Try to split your functionality with the help of 'WITH' statements and
see if you can do the grouping in that way in a subselect.
Something like:

WITH clips AS (
     SELECT p.ecoregion_cod, ST_Union(ST_Clip(r.rast,1, p.geom, true))
AS rast
     FROM gis_wd.wd_ecoregiones AS p, rastertmp.prova AS r
     WHERE ST_Intersects(r.rast, p.geom)
     GROUP BY ecoregion_cod --now you don't have to group by the raster
result itself
)
SELECT p.ecoregion_co, (ST_SummaryStats(rast, 1)).* FROM clips --this
should give you the stats per ecoregion_co

best,
  Tom