[postgis-users] New day, new problem - now with pl/r

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Sun Nov 8 07:23:03 PST 2015

Dear all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

I have just installed the plr extension  using the instructions given here:
http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=postgresql_plr_tut01
Setting both the path and R_Home variables.

The extension shows up in PGAdmin for this database.

I tried to check the installation using the suggested commands
SELECT * FROM plr_environ();
SELECT load_r_typenames();
SELECT * FROM r_typenames();
SELECT plr_array_accum('{23,35}', 42);

The first of these runs but the second command seems to go into an endless loop (I stopped this after one hour- I assume it should not take that long?). I assume the failure to finish means there is a problem seeing the r typenames? As it does not fall over there is no error message to help.

I am open to any suggestions how to proceed.

Darrel