[postgis-users] restore problem

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Nov 12 08:28:03 PST 2015

Darrel
> On one of my databases I do get a new (presumably trivial) error:
> pg_restore: processing data for table "spatial_ref_sys"
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3303; 0 35941 TABLE
DATA > spatial_ref_sys postgres
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed for table "spatial_ref_sys":
> ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> "spatial_ref_sys_pkey"
> DETAIL:  Key (srid)=(5013) already exists.

Yes you can ignore.  It's possible for whatever reason that wasn't marked
as an exclude from backup and the data got saved but is shipped with
PostGIS.  I think pramsey came across that and fixed in 2.2.1.

At anyrate its a harmless error if your backup is stet to ignore errors
which is the default.

Thanks,
Regina