[postgis-users] Error with ST functions

Lorenzo Bottaccioli lorenzo.bottaccioli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 04:10:29 PST 2015

HI, I'have tried to reinstall postgis. But i still get errors like this one:

 SELECT
ST_clip(True,polygon.geom, raster.rast)
FROM
  public.edifici as polygon,
  public.ele1000x1000 as raster;
ERROR:  function st_clip(boolean, geometry, raster) does not exist
LINE 2: ST_clip(True,polygon.geom, raster.rast)
        ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
need to add explicit type casts.
gis=# SELECT
  n.nspname, p.proname, array_agg(t.typname)
 FROM
  pg_proc p, pg_namespace n, pg_type t
 WHERE p.proname = 'st_clip'
   AND n.oid = p.pronamespace
   AND t.oid = any (p.proargtypes)
 GROUP BY
   n.nspname, p.proname, p.oid;
 nspname | proname |              array_agg
 public  | st_clip | {bool,_float8,geometry,raster}
 public  | st_clip | {bool,_int4,_float8,geometry,raster}
 public  | st_clip | {bool,float8,geometry,raster}
 public  | st_clip | {bool,int4,float8,geometry,raster}
 public  | st_clip | {bool,int4,geometry,raster}
 public  | st_clip | {bool,geometry,raster}