[postgis-users] prj2esri.org

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Jan 11 18:52:39 PST 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Andy Colson <andy at squeakycode.net> wrote:

> I've had this problem.  I have no idea how you'd do it in code, when I've
> needed to do it I read the .prj file, find some kind of descriptive text
> (for example "iowa north"), then search for it here:
>
> http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/?search=iowa+north&srtext=Search

You can do something similar with prj2epsg. For example,
http://prj2epsg.org/search.json?terms="iowa%20north"

> I try to match up corresponding numbers (like standard_parallel,
> latitude_of_origin, etc).  Oh, match feet/meters too.
>
> It's usually pretty simple to do by hand.  Is that an option or do you
> need code for this?

I'm looking for code to suggest to QGIS developers to use. Right now QGIS
doesn't recognize Washington State Plane North/South. And besides, I'm
curious how it's accomplished. Doing it by hand resulted in me picking the
wrong match!

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle