[postgis-users] PostGIS Out-DB Raster Not Behaving As Expected

Osahon Oduware osahon.gis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 02:07:09 PDT 2017

Hi Regina,

I have tried the queries above. For the related raster table,

SELECT r_table_name, r_raster_column, out_db FROM raster_columns; RETURNS
"raster_table","rast","[False, False, False]"

SELECT t.rid, (md).isoutdb, (md).path
FROM nj_ned AS t, ST_BandMetaData(t.rast) AS md
limit 1; RETURNS
1,False,""

I believe from the result of the 1st query that out-db is not enabled.
However, the environment variable POSTGIS_ENABLE_OUTDB_RASTERS is SET to 1.*
I have tried to also enable it with the following, restarted the postgres
Service, and re-loaded the raster, but the 1st query gives the same result:*

ALTER DATABASE <database_name> SET postgis.enable_outdb_rasters TO True;

Please, could you help me further on what I am not doing right to enable
the out-db rasters.