[postgis-users] Given up

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Dec 11 05:23:26 PST 2017

Darrel,

There was an issue with when PostgreSQL 10 came out that the stack builder
did not show the PostGIS spatial extension I had uploaded.

This was fixed in PostgreSQL 10.1 so perhaps you went to it pre-10.1.

Regarding not creating spatial db, that is odd.  There is a checkbox to
create one, but I do have it unchecked by default, cause it's better for
people to just use CREATE EXTENSION on whatever database they want.  I keep
that feature there just so I can test when I deploy to make sure all
extensions can be created.

As noted by Bo below, BigSQL packages PostGIS too and that one IS NOT VIA
STACKBUILDER.  STACKBUILDER is for EDB installs.

Use pgc commandline or pgDevOps for BigSQL.

However, the EDB windows and BigSQL Windows binaries are compatible (both
compiled with mingw64), so if you ever need anything you can't find in
BigSQL (pgRouting and SFCGAL come to mind)

You can use the zip binaries on this page -

https://postgis.net/windows_downloads/

Thanks,

Regina