[postgis-users] identifing duplicate line features (with different draw directions0

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri May 19 10:55:01 PDT 2017

I’m trying to remove all duplicated parcel edges from an exploded parcel dataset.  I have a set of 2 point line segments and I’ve been able to find the geom duplicates ok witha window partition, but the number was really low.  Upon examining the data more closely, I figured out that the majoirty of the duplicates are indeed the same line, but the end points are swapped around, so they appear in the window as different feature.

Anyone have a SQL chunk/function that I should look at to get to this matching of spatial location?

Thanks

bobb

"Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down."
- Jimmy Durante