[postgis-users] Query for Footprint

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Apr 16 09:27:14 PDT 2018

Are you looking for an area or a perimeter.

ST_ExteriorRing would give you the outer boundary of the a single polygon.
If you want it as a linestring, you want ST_Boundary(geom).

Sounds though if you are getting all geometries that you are doing something
like

SELECT ST_ExterionRing(geom)

FROM parcels

Which will give you all values.

For footprint of a specifc parcel, should be something like

SELECT geom

FROM parcels WHERE pid = 'parcel id you are interested in';

If the above doesn't answer your question, provide more detail about your
table structure and SQL query you are writing.

Hope that helps,

Regina