[postgis-users] Build problems with PostGIS 2.4.4

Christophe Pettus xof at thebuild.com
Fri Apr 20 12:27:54 PDT 2018

Greetings,

I'm attempting to build PostGIS 2.4.4, on MacOS 10.12, using MacPorts for the various libraries.  The build is currently failing with (while linking shp2pgsql):

  "_iconv", referenced from:
      _utf8 in shp2pgsql-core.o
  "_iconv_close", referenced from:
      _utf8 in shp2pgsql-core.o
  "_iconv_open", referenced from:
      _utf8 in shp2pgsql-core.o

Some research has revealed that there's an issue with the libiconv that MacPorts installs, and one should use the system library, but I haven't had success using --with-libiconv-prefix and  --with-libiconv pointing at the system library in /usr.  Has anyone done this successfully?

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof at thebuild.com