[postgis-users] ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-2.5" under Windows

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 09:56:39 PST 2018

Hi,

After installing PG 11 from EnterpriseDB from here [0] I used both
PostGIS installers here [1]. For both I'm getting following

ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-2.5": No such file or
directory SQL state: 58P01

Then I moved the files in .\lib into .\lib\postgresql and now the
create extension postgis works as indicated here [2].

Did I got deviated by any default PostGIS installation workflow - or
is this a PostGIS for Windows installer issue?

:Stefan

[0] postgresql-11.1-1-windows-x64.exe by EnterpriseDB
[1] http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/windows/pg11/
[2] https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/298761/how-to-resolve-the-error-could-not-open-extension-control-file-when-create-e