[postgis-users] ST_AsMVT Centos 7 Missing libprotobuf-c

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:55:38 PST 2018

Hi David,

The problem is likely that the CentOS 7 packaged version of PostGIS 2.4 was
not made in a way to support protobuf-related functions (including
ST_AsMVT).

It does not help adding protobuf-c as a package later, it needs to be
depended on by the postgis package and available when the package is/was
created.

So, you will either have to convince the responsible for the package to
depend on the required things for protobuf-related functions or find an
alternative distribution of the package, or build postgis yourself.

Notes on the protobuf-related (optional) requirements are listed at:
https://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.4/postgis_installation.html#install_requirements

/Björn