[postgis-users] Error upgrading to PostGIS 2.4.3

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Tue Mar 20 10:59:37 PDT 2018

Hi List

Maybe you can point me in the right direction.  I'm running PostgreSQL 9.6.8 (64bit) on Windows 2008 R2 with PostGIS 2.3.5 installed.  I have installed the 2.4.3 binaries and when I try to run ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.4.3"; I get the following error:

ERROR could not load library PostgreSQL/9.6/lib/postgis-2.4.dll The specified procedure could not be found.

The file is there.  I've checked permissions and all are valid.  I've stopped and started the postgresql service.  Am I missing something going from PostGIS 2.3.x to 2.4.x?  In the past upgrades have been totally painless.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Ross

Ross McDonald | GIS Data Coordinator | Angus Council, People, IT | Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Sylvie Way, Forfar DD8 1AT | t: 01307 476419

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.