[postgis-users] Replacement for Oracle's TRANSFORM_LAYER procedure?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed May 9 08:46:16 PDT 2018

You may need to explain what SDO_CS.TRANSFORM does.

To transform a table's geometry SRID I use the following:

ALTER TABLE <table_name> ALTER COLUMN <geom_column_name> TYPE
geometry(<geometry_type>, <target_CRS>) USING ST_Transform(
<geom_column_name>, <target_CRS>);

Bryan Hall <bryan.hall at chk.com> escreveu no dia quarta, 9/05/2018 às 16:02:

> Classification: DCL-Internal
>

> I’m starting to look at the stored procedures we will need to move to
> PostGIS from Oracle, and I don’t see anything like SDO_CS.TRANSFORM_LAYER
> in the manual for a built-in procedure. Yes of course there is
> ST_Transform, but that does it in place, or in-line. However, here we are
> making a new table in a different SRID and it would be rather nice not to
> hard-code the columns in the source table (or MV in this case), or copy the
> table as a whole and then do a clunky in-place update. Yes, I’d rather just
> add another geography column and make it a computed column – but stupid
> ESRI software has to read this data. 😊
>

> Is there a good site to look for “convenience functions” like this for
> PostGIS? I’d rather not spend time “re-inventing the wheel” if I don’t have
> to.
>

> Thanks, Bryan
>
> ------------------------------
>
> This email (and attachments if any) is intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
> that is confidential or privileged and exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient,
> or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
> distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
> you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender
> immediately by return email and destroy all copies of the email (and
> attachments if any).

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo
http://sigsemgrilhetas.wordpress.com