[postgis-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Replacement for Oracle's TRANSFORM_LAYER procedure?

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Thu May 10 01:13:30 PDT 2018

A simplest nobrainer way:

create table new_table as (select * from old_table);
update new_table set geom = ST_Transform(geom, new_srid);
create index on new_table using gist(geom);

A more optimized one will be to inline the list all the columns in create
table as:

create table new_table as (select column1, column2, ... ,
ST_Transform(geom, new_srid) as geom from old_table);