[postgis-users] PostGIS case usages

christophe vergon christophevergon-girtec at orange.fr
Wed Oct 31 00:15:52 PDT 2018

Hi,

A "french use of Postgis" (sorry for my poor english, it's easyer to read than to write ) :

We are working in Land Analysis and Urban Planning. Our Information System is based on Postgresql/postgis database engine.

Topology is particulary usefull for us, but a little bit tricky. Our database contains one million of faces.

Topology is a nice way to transform graphics primitives in a real world object, a road or a river for exemple.

It's a nice way too for propagation algorithms.

Cluster functions, KNN are also usefull.

We use postgis and .Net software developpement through npgsql, and our team contributes to npgsql project for geometry support.

How to share postgis usages in french speaking countries ? The french web site "georezo" and the GeoBD forum :

https://georezo.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=31

In France postgresql/postgis seams to be the leader of spatial database in association with QGis project,

that for people how want to make spatial analysis.

Christophe