[postgis-users] PostGIS case usages

Garret W garretlewis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 08:20:13 PDT 2018

I just wanted to give my vote to some of the great ideas/projects that
other people have all ready posted, that I would love to read more about.

- stealing some data from some web endpoint - Anything dealing with using
python to interact with your database is great.
- line and parcel topology - there's really not much out there on the
subject that I've seen. I would add, cleaning data that you have received
from some source.
- PostgreSQL/PostGIS and postgREST - I was looking into this myself just
recently.
- Logging of Spatial requests to Map Services
- Photo/Document finder.
- Street Level photo library
-  pgRouting and trails -- calculate and cache trail routes on a 3D network

I use postgis on a digitalocean server, but will be moving to AWS RDS soon.

Thanks!