[postgis-users] PostGIS Topology with Z coordinate

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Jan 9 08:34:39 PST 2019

On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 01:00:54PM +0100, Berchet, Adrien wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am testing PostGIS Topology with 3D geometries and I am not sure of the
> expected behaviour in this case. In the tests I conducted, it seems that
> PostGIS Topo just ignores the Z components when searching for intersection
> between geometries and thus creates some nodes where it is not needed. Is
> it the normal behaviour please? Is it possible to build a real 3D topology
> with PostGIS Topo?

Real 3D is not currently supported by PostGIS Topology.

I don't understand your statement about creating unneeded nodes
though, do you mean multiple nodes with same x,y but different z
are created ? Check out topology/test/regress/topo2.5d.sql if
you want to add your case there and provide a complete scenario.

--strk;