[postgis-users] PostGIS Topology with Z coordinate

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Jan 10 02:49:33 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:44:01AM +0100, Berchet, Adrien wrote:

> So is it possible to manage a kind of multilayer topology, to manage
> bridges and tunnels in a network for exemple?

You'll need different topologies, one for each layer.
But what you're really looking for is what ISO defines
as "Network Topology", which doesn't forces nodes on
intersections. That model is currently NOT implemented
in PostGIS but if I'm not mistaken latest spatialite
implements it. Want to port it over ?

--strk;