[postgis-users] Upgrading for postgtis 2.4.1 to 2.4.6

Raúl Marín Rodríguez rmrodriguez at carto.com
Mon Jan 14 04:47:48 PST 2019

> I don't think we have faced this issue with upgrade in the past...

Before PG11, Postgis didn't need to check the Postgresql release at runtime
in the SQL code. As a reference, in the function `_postgis_pgsql_version`
we are doing the same pattern matching (`PostgreSQL ([0-9\.]+)`).

I think we should be able to change it and use `server_version_num` instead:
{{{
SELECT current_setting('server_version_num');
}}}

Can you confirm that in your case that shows 10613 or something like that?

If that's the case, I'll open a ticket to address it and backport it.

--
Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com