[postgis-users] hash_raster_ops error on upgrade

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Nov 23 16:59:28 PST 2019

I'm upgrading a bunch of databases from PostGIS 2.4 to 3.0.  The main postgis extension upgraded successfully on all DBs.  The problem came with the new postgis_raster extension.  Most of the upgrades succeeded without error (CREATE EXTENSION postgis_raster FROM unpackaged;).  One gives me:

ERROR:  operator class "hash_raster_ops" does not exist for access method "hash"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "ALTER EXTENSION postgis_raster ADD OPERATOR CLASS hash_raster_ops USING hash"
PL/pgSQL function inline_code_block line 3 at SQL statement
SQL state: 42704

This database has been upgraded from 1.x days, though many of the others that had no problems also come from 1.x days.  The failed DB also has pgrouting 2.6, none of the other DBs has pgrouting.  I deleted that from the DB (not using it), but it still errors on upgrade.

Can I somehow manually add hash_raster_ops so I can create the postgis_raster extension?  Or strip out the raster bits (I don't use rasters on this DB)?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin