[postgis-users] magnetic bearing to true bearing

paul.malm at lfv.se paul.malm at lfv.se
Mon Feb 10 07:08:08 PST 2020

Thanks!

7 feb. 2020 kl. 15:33 skrev James Klassen <klassen.js at gmail.com>:

This will calculate the declamation.  It would take some C coding to integrate it with PostgreSQL.

https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag/WMM/soft.shtml

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020, 08:14 <paul.malm at lfv.se<mailto:paul.malm at lfv.se>> wrote:
Hi, list!
I’m writing a program reading a file and creating graphical objects.
I have a starting point (lat/lon WGS 84), a length (m) and a magnetic bearing (degrees).
I would like to automatically convert the magnetic bearing to a true bearing when they occurs in the file I’m reading.
Is there a converter in PostGis that can be used, or is there another way my program can get the declamation?
Kind regard,
Paul