[postgis-users] Postgis out-db raster

paul wither paul.wither at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 25 23:49:15 PST 2021

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer some advice on running a raster process in postgis.

The input rasters are stored as out-db, then they run through a couple of steps, eg reclass a couple of map algebra steps and finally a result

At each step a new raster is created and I can't quite figure out if there is a way (or best way) to specify that the result is written out to a new out-db tiff rather than a new internal table
currently everything writes to new internal table, but there will be close to a thousand tables eating up a lot of space. I understand the performance impacts, but the process is not that time precious.
Initially I thought that maybe I had to use AsGDALRaster then reload, but then I read about creating empty rasters and adding bands. does anyone have any suggested approaches (noting I'm no sql pro 🙂)

any hints, tips or examples would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Paul