[postgis-users] "value out of range: underflow" blocking error

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Feb 10 12:15:44 PST 2022

Yes. That version is telling you that PostGIS was compiled with PROJ 6.3.1.

The check is done at compile time cause we have a lot of IF DEFS to handle various proj changes.

It’s less of an issue with GEOS since with GEOS just means you will not be getting the newer features.

For PROJ it often means misbehavior since I don’t think the major versions are completely backward compatible with older.