[postgis-users] Inconsistent behavior with ST_Within across versions

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:46:22 PST 2022

> I’ve updated my Trac ticket accordingly.

some other testing ideas *for the next week :*

1.) As I see the latest PostgreSQL patch release is available ( 2022-02-10 )
   and some corrupted index problem has been fixed in the 14.2:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/14.2/

*"However, some bugs have been found that may have resulted in corrupted
indexes, as explained in the first two changelog entries. *
* If any of those cases apply to you, it's recommended to reindex
possibly-affected indexes after updating."*

   So, in theory, you should re-check your problem *the next week *- with
the newer "postgis/postgis" images  ( based on 14.2; 13.6; 12.10; 11.15 )

2.) You can add some Debian-based docker images to your test cases
    so we can check: it is a "musl" related problem or not.

3.) You can also test the  "14-master"  image ( near ~master postgis, geos,
gdal  .. )

https://github.com/postgis/docker-postgis/blob/master/14-master/Dockerfile#L183_L204

Kind Regards,
 Imre