[postgis-users] Geometry Viewer in PgAdmin

ruvenml at beamerbrooks.com ruvenml at beamerbrooks.com
Tue Mar 8 18:33:35 PST 2022

Out of idle curiosity, I looked at Geometry Viewer.   It allows just one
data display layer so you can only look at one table/query at a time.
The style of the geometric objects is hard coded so you can't change
their color, background pattern, line style etc.   It does not support
color scales.  I can't think of any use case for which it would be useful.

I would strongly suggest using QGIS instead.  Not only does QGIS have
all of the capabilities missing from Geometry Viewer but it will read
directly from PostGIS tables.  Since it's so widely used there's lots of
documentation and other learning materials; I counted five different
Youtube beginner's tutorials.

Ruven Brooks