[postgis-users] Help installing h3 extension on postgres 11 with postgis 3.3

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Mar 17 10:59:29 PDT 2023

I package the windows postgis EDB extensions.

Looking at my PostgreSQL 11, I’m not seeing any issue.

I can do

CREATE EXTENSION h3;

CREATE EXTENSION h3_postgis;

Can you confirm those don’t work if you do it manually in your database?

It might be something wrong with the create spatial database option.  I recall I had issue with packaging h3 for PG 11 because they had introduced a syntax in h3 (ALTER AGGREGATE ..) which came in PostgreSQL 12 and so didn’t work in PG 11.  I reported it and they fixed the issue, and I had to repackage PG11.  Something might have gone wrong or maybe somehow you ended up with an earlier package.

If you still have issue, I can check on my end installing on a clean PG11 to make sure the latest package works.

Thanks,

Regina