[PROJ] robots.txt

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Sep 20 07:05:27 PDT 2024

Le 20/09/2024 à 15:54, Javier Jimenez Shaw a écrit :
> Coming back to the question about
> "What should we index for PROJ: /en/latest/ or /en/stable/ ?"
>
> Now that I have clear what is what, I would say that robots.txt should
> include only "en/stable"
Yes, ideally. The annoying part is that currently it points to the state
of the 9.5.0 tag that doesn't point to the 9.5.0 release tarball...
> IIRC, gdal has "latest" because at that point in time (and today as
> well) there is no stable available yet, only latest.
>
> BTW, is there any reason why in GDAL the "Read the Docs" menu is on
> the right, and not in the left as in PROJ? (I prefer as in PROJ)

Already ticketed as https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/10680 . I
suspect this is due to GDAL using a custom Sphinx theme (derived from
one made by late Boundless, itself derived from the official RtD one,
due to a past Boundless employee who helped bootstrapping the Sphinx
migration). I guess just using the standard RtD theme would be a way to
fix this.