[pycsw-devel] Links Question

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:15:34 PDT 2014

gmd:protocol is the actual element which triggers clients into binding against
a given resource, which is usually based on a codelist item for consistency.

gmd:name serves as more of a text label of a given link as opposed to
something a machine can action against.

Using gmd:protocol will yield huge value in many downstream tools like
pycsw.  And given tools are looking for gmd:protocol, this prevents
them from guessing what the link is.

..Tom