[pycsw-devel] problems installing pycsw

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 09:17:41 PDT 2016

Dear Andreas,

I assume that you were trying the pycsw ppa to install.
Since a while now, pycsw was included in Debian, so there is an upstream
support for Ubuntu.
The ppa is not maintained and we should remove it from docs. Thanks for
reminding us :)

For 14.04 I would recommend the UbuntuGIS version which is properly
maintained.
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable
Actually I will now push a new update.

For 16.04 UbuntuGIS also has the latest version.

So in order to install:

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install python-pycsw python-pycsw-wsgi

Best,
Angelos

On 06/13/2016 05:50 PM, Andreas.Boehme at bkg.bund.de wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am trying to start running pycsw on our companies Ubuntu 14.04 servers.
> Here is what I wrote to Tom before:
> The installation the Ubuntu way via apt-get and so on doesn't work.
> So what I did is: I installed it using pip. So far so good, I think everything is installed(maybe not, because there is an error, please loo at screenshot attached). So, what do I need to do to get my CSW running ? Do I have to use the wsgi ? There is no csw.wsgi file in the system. Also the cfg-configuration file is missing. I cannot find it anywhere on my system......do you have any clue ?
> Furthermore I am not that experienced with Apache, so any help setting up a wrapper somewhere would be nice too.
> Version of pycsw is 1.10.4
> Many thanks in advance.
> Regards
> Andreas Böhme