[pycsw-devel] ElasticSearch integration

Tom Kralidis tom.kralidis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:46:11 PDT 2018

Hi Mike: thanks for the info and your interest in pycsw.

In the context of providing an 'outbound' CSW endpoint against an Elasticsearch
backend (this means the ES index already exists, and you want to bind pycsw
atop it), a repository plugin is the suggested approach.  The job of the plugin
would be to 1./ translate CSW queries into ES queries 2./ execute the ES
queries and 3./ format ES search results into pycsw objects back to the caller

There is an example in [1] that shows an example of OGC Filter to ES queries but
needs more development and testing.  Note that for ES spatial queries the
geo_shape type is recommended.

Hope this helps.

..Tom

[1] https://gist.github.com/tomkralidis/6919d32da01b62b5b4e76b9254751e9b