[pycsw-devel] on/off/default behaviour of facets

Paul genuchten at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 04:36:25 PST 2024

At the Vienna code sprint faceted search has been added to pycsw.
https://demo.pycsw.org/cite/collections/metadata:main/items?facets=true

This functionality can be enabled at request time by appending facets=true
I personally would like to activate facets for all requests, and maybe keep the facets=false for people to deactivate it
Because for users it can be unexpected that some functionality is available with one url, not with another.
I wonder what others think (i understand there is a performance penalty). Or if we should introduce a config parameter which sets the default facet behaviour (off/on/default)
Welcoming your thoughts