[pygeoapi] pygeoapi at FOSS4G 2022

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 16:26:09 PDT 2022

Hi all: I hope everything is well with everyone.  With FOSS4G upon us,
there are a number of pygeoapi items that
I'd like to share with the community:

OSGeo incubation
-------------------------

pygeoapi is currently in vote in the OSGeo Incubation Committee (thanks
again to Michael Smith
for his mentorship) with a closing date of 19 August [1].  Depending on how
things go we may be in a position to make an
announcement at the event itself.  Stay tuned :)  Note that pygeoapi will
be featured as part of "How to join OSGeo" presentation [2].

pygeoapi workshop
--------------------------

This year will showcase the first ever "Diving into pygeoapi" workshop
[3][4][5] to be delivered by
a number of the core developers.  While we are applying the finishing
touches this week, this is a great effort by a great
team, and we are excited to deliver this in Florence.  Stay tuned for an
announcement on this front once we cut the final
release for FOSS4G 2022.

pygeoapi presentation
------------------------------

The pygeoapi presentation is now drafted at [6].  Please feel free to
review/comment/improve  In addition,
if you would like your project/activity added, please feel free to submit a
PR for the presentation or get in touch.

OSGeo Annual General Meeting update

AGM update: our slide can be found at [7].  Please let me know if there is
anything missing/pertinent.

pygeoapi at the FOSS4G Community sprint

A number of us will be at the FOSS4G sprint.  I've drafted some items for
the sprint at [8].  Please feel
free to add/update.  In addition, developers may want to consider donating
an hour of their time to new
participants (this is a great idea, I've already signed myself up).

Given the above, it is safe to say that there will considerable pygeoapi
"buzz" in Florence.

I'd like to thank the entire community for their contributions to this
project.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/incubator/2022-August/004520.html