[Pywps-dev] PyWPS and QGIS

Jorge de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl
Fri May 17 05:10:53 PDT 2013

Hi  to all

I've meet Paolo Cavallini, in Rotterdam and we had an interresting
chat...he was a bit worried that the pywps project was dead since the
mailing list was calm and the commits were none. So I've informed him
about our plans and he was very pleased.... anyway he suggested us to
think about integration of pywps into QGIS.

To be honest I rarely use QGIS since my current work is just PostGIS and
python programming, but basically the idea if that projects in QGIS
could be mapped into WPS using pywps code. This already happens for WMS
and WFS

http://docs.qgis.org/1.8/html/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_server_support.html

Probably the idea is for PyWPS plugin to wrapp around the QGIS console /
tools and indirect ally connect to all the new plugins like sextant.

Comments ideas ???

Jorge

--
ISRIC - World Soil Information Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB