[Pywps-dev] mvc in pywps - django?

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Sat May 25 12:19:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

during coding of the new pywps parsing mechanism, I was thinking about
totally different concept of PyWPS, it could be complain more to the mvc
(model view controller) paradigm.

Right now, when the user wants to configure process, he have to write
all the configuration from scratch. But what if we would have mechanism,
where you can store all data input and data output types, and you would
just "add" this particular data ins/outs to particular process.

Process configuration would then not be about writing all "complex
raster input" definition again and again, it would be about "add
standard complex raster input" from your library. Don’t Repeat Yourself.

Similar to GeoServer - data store, once created, can be used multiple
times for several layers.

I hope, you can follow my thoughts up to this point. And I think, that
django would be the tool on this place, which would enable such
approach. It can use several database engines, it contains templating
system ... hmm.

PyWPS would probably not be that slick little envelop. But would we gain
something more, when relayed on django?

Any thoughts?

Jachym
--